If you saw a Basket-of-the-Month suggestion called “MUSIC MAGIC Basket,” what would your response be?
1. “Oh, that’s cute!” — or
2. “Wow, if I knew someone who was musically inclined, I MAY consider that…” — or,
3. “I don’t know a thing about music, so that’s out — NEXT.”
So, think outside the box, and here are some suggestions for a Music Magic Basket gift:
- Remember your childhood music teacher, and surprise her out of the blue.
- Think of someone who is studying music in college —and beyond! Are they taking mid-terms right now?
- Think of your Music Minister at church; how long has it been since you appreciated him or her?
- Think of the person who sits beside you in Choir; is he or she going through a hard time?
- Think of someone who is a good listener to you; thank that person for listening.
- Think of your child’s Music Teacher in school; thank her for all she pours into the children in her classes.
- Think of someone who loves music but isn’t pursuing it for a career; give her/him something to remind her/him of one of their favorite things.
- Remember yourself; how nice is it to sit with a good cup of hot tea on a rainy afternoon like this? You deserve to drink it from a mug that makes you feel special.
NOW! That’s 8 ways to use the March Music Magic Basket — one way for each note in the scale/octave (well….almost!…) – Sing on! Play on! Listen on! And let music soothe your soul, as well as someone special to you.